You can help
Many of our families arrive with little or no possessions, so your donations of goods help them get back on their feet. If you have a question about whether we can accept your donation, please call us at 773-935-3434.
Gift Cards (We appreciate your generosity!)
Gift cards are most appreciated and go straight to the families for their individual needs. Gift cards for Ventra, Walmart, Target, Jewel, and McDonald's are very practical.
• Children's shoes, all sizes
• Dark blue pants and skirts (uniform), all sizes
• White collared shirts, all sizes
• Face wash
• Facial moisturizer
• Plastic bins, items for organizing
• Batteries- AAA, AA, 9V
• Plastic pitchers
• Electric can openers
• Twin quilted mattress covers
• Toilet brushes
• Twin Mattresses **high need!
- Furniture -twin beds, kitchen dining tables and chairs, dressers, gently used sofas, bed side stands, small or medium size lamps
• Children's DVDs
• Water color paints
• Sanitary napkins
• Bar soap
• Plastic containers (all sizes)
• Women's deodorant
• Bathroom tissue
• Spirituality books for children
• Lice Treatments
• Pull-Ups, all sizes
• Kids toothpaste
• Kids shampoo and soap
Clothing (Please note: we only accept clothing in very good or new condition. We cannot accept ripped, stained or men's clothing.)
Women’s underwear sizes Small and Medium (new is ideal)
Women’s bras, all sizes
Women’s socks, all sizes
Women's sleepwear, small
Women's pants sizes 2, 3, 5, 6, 12
Girls pants sizes 5, 7, 8
Girls tops, sizes 5, 6, 7
Girls sneakers, all sizes
Boys pants sizes 5, 6, 7
Boys t-shirts sizes 3, 5, 6
Boys sneakers, all sizes
Due to space constrictions, we are currently unable to accept: Large and old televisions, used toys, stuffed animals, strollers, an car seats.
Donate Your Old Cell Phone
Turn in those old cell phones to House of the Good Shepherd! On average, a donated phone generates approximately $5 in income from Shelter Alliance, an organization that refurbishes and recycles cell phones to benefit domestic violence shelters.
Here are the guidelines:
• Wireless (cellular) phones only are accepted—not cordless phones, bag phones, two-way radios, pagers or walkie-talkies.
• Smaller, newer phones generate the most funds!
• Wireless phone accessories are accepted but do not generate funds.
• Donors should deactivate their phones and remove all personal information before donating them.